MLEC (UK) Ltd is committed to ensuring the protection of your privacy. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this site you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. MLEC (UK) Ltd. may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st June 2012.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your full name
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to fulfilling any requests you make of us
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Fulfilling purchases and services
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file that requires permission to be stored on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is stored and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify typically navigation around our website. This helps us to analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes; we remove all data from any processing systems when it is no longer required. The data used for these purposes does not contain any personal or identifiable information.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over those other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites and this privacy statement does not govern such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at the details located on the contact page
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are legally required to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties, which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the address located on the contact page. If we hold any information on you that is to be incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.